Tis the Season for Christmas Shoplifting…and for Stolen Gifts
These holiday tips brought to you by The Insurance Specialists Team
We are in the peak holiday shopping season. Whether your at Rosedale, Northtown mall, The MOA – we’d like to suggest a few reminders about how to be safe and to prevent your gifts and other purchases from being stolen. Shopping during the holiday season can present many dangers, but following a few prevention measures can help keep your holiday season joyous. Packages left in a car in plain site can be too much for criminals to resist.
Please keep these safety tips in mind, so that you can enjoy the season without incident:
Shopping Safety Tips
· Always be aware of your surroundings.
· Don’t leave purchased merchandise in your parked car where it can be seen. If you take purchases to your car and then continue shopping, always put your purchases in the trunk.
· Police advise you to remove the GPS unit and if necessary, take it with you. That includes even the suction cup, if that can be removed.
· Don’t carrying large amounts of cash. Pay for purchases with checks, credit or debit cards. Carry your cash and wallet in a front pocket to reduce your chances of having your pocket picked.
· NEVER leave car doors unlocked or windows open or park in isolated areas.
· Avoid wearing expensive jewelry and watches.
· ALWAYS park in lighted areas closest to the windows.
· Shop with friends.
· Keep receipts on you and not in the bag.
· As you return to your car, be sure to keep your car keys in your hand.
· If you make expensive purchases like jewelry or guns, call our office as we may need to add these to your policy.
· Keep a record of all of your credit card numbers in a safe place at home.
· Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, con-artists may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
We hope you never have a loss or claim, but if you do, call our office as soon as possible. Remember to schedule your jewelry and expensive items.
The Insurance Specialists Team will always work hard to find you the best combination of coverage price and service. Please call us today at Big Lake, Ham Lake or Minneapolis for a free quote.